Caldwell Arms as it appeared in the early 1900s

Caldwell Arms 
as it appeared in the early 1900s

Caldwell Arms as it appeared in the 1920s

 Caldwell Arms 
as it appeared in the 1920s?

Located in the village of Talke in Staffordshire, the Caldwell Arms was part of the Linley Wood estate up until 1919 when it was sold by Maj Gen Frederick Crofton Heath-Caldwell to Mr W Wainright together with Pear Tree Farm for a total sum a little over £2,650.  In the 1980s the pub was renamed the Oasis but in the late 1990s the name was changed again and is now the Caldwell Tavern.

(Return to note on Linley Wood)  (Home)