Charlotte Blake-Humphrey nee Harvey
Born: 20 March 1809, Christened 9
April 1809 in Thorpe next Norwich. She died in 1894.
Daughter of: John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
1. Fanny Bellman nee Harvey (1784-1867) who married Rev Edmund Bellman (1773-1843).
2. Sir Robert John Harvey (1785-1860) who married Charlotte Mary Harvey (1793- 1869).
3. Marianne Day nee Harvey (1786-1812) who married the Rev Charles Day (1780-1856).
4. John Harvey (1787-1806).
5. Julia Harvey (1788-1808).
6. Emma Harvey (1790-1880).
7. Caroline Harvey (1792-1792).
8. George Harvey (1793-1831) who married Mary Ann Julia Beevor.
9. Louisa Harvey (1795-1810).
10. Caroline Mary Savill Onley nee Harvey (1797-1845) who married Onley Savill Onley (1795-1890).
11. Roger Kerrison Harvey (1802-1882) who married Eliza Beecroft.
12. Harriot Blakiston nee Harvey (1803-1886) who married Capt Thomas Blakiston RN (Thomas Blakeston, 1790-1861).
13. Rosa Ranking nee Harvey (1805-1865) who married John Ranking RN (1798-18??).
14. Augusta Trelawney nee Harvey (Augusta Lady Goring,1807-1875) who married 1st Sir Harry Dent Goring, 2nd John Trelawney (1793-18??).
Charlotte married: Robert Blake-Humphrey (1795-1886).
Charlotte and Robert had issue:
1. Margaret Blake-Humphrey (1841-????).
2. Robert Harvey Blake-Humphrey (Robert Harvey Mason, 1843-1927).
3. Thomas Blake-Humphrey (1844-????).
4. Eleanor Blake-Humphrey (1845-????).
5. Rev John Blake-Humphrey MA (1847-1930).
6. Caroline Blake-Humphrey (1850-1871).
7. Isabella Charlotte Blake-Humphrey (1851-1932). She married the second John Gurney of Earlham (1845-1887).
Charlotte Blake-Humphrey nee Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Charlotte comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. Information supplied by Patricia Richardson. There was a final daughter of Charlotte and Robert Blake-Humphrey. This was Isabella Charlotte (1851-22 Feb 1932) (died at age of 81). She married the second John Gurney of Earlham (1845-1887) my notes on him are that he was Gurney's Bank, Mayor of Norwich 1874. Also of Hoveton Hall, and Sprowston - according to Landed Gents of 1874 it was he who gave large amount of money to Corporation of City of London to purchase Ham House, West Ham, following the demise of Gurney Overend Bank. (Sam Gurney's home, brother to Elizabeth Fry). Lots of descendants of which I am one through their daughter, Laura Gurney, who married Edward Gurney Buxton, descendant of Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton. Patricia Richardson.
3. A mention in the book 'Isabel, Mrs. Gurney afterwards the Lady Talbot de Malahide, 1851-1932' by her son Samuel Gurney, published in 1935.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about the above I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me email@example.com