Ada Randolph Broadwood (nee Heath)
in 29 July 1860, Fawley, Hampshire and baptized 26 August 1860 at
Fawley. Died 1956 or 57.
Daughter of: Admiral Sir Leopold Heath KCB RN and Lady Mary Emma Marsh.
1. Arthur Raymond Heath (1854-1943) who married Flora Jean Baxter.
2. Marion Emma Crofton (nee Heath) (1856-1949) who married Alfred Fox Cotton and then Richard Martin Crofton.
3. Maj Gen Frederick Crofton Heath-Caldwell (1858-1945) who married Constance Mary Helsham Helsham-Jones (1869-1957).
4. Cuthbert Eden Heath (1859-1939) who married Sarah Caroline Gore Gambier (1859-1944).
5. Admiral Sir Herbert Leopold Heath (1861-1954) who married Elizabeth Catherine Simson.
6. Major-General Sir Gerard Moore Heath (1863-1929) who married Mary Egerton.
Ada married: Henry John Tschudi Broadwood (1856-1911) son of the Piano maker Henry Fowler Broadwood (1811-1893) and Juliana Maria Birch (1815-1898).
Ada and Henry had issue:
1. Marion Ada Flora Holland (nee Broadwood, 1887-1969) who married Michael James Holland (1870-1956).
2. Stewart Henry Tschudi Broadwood (1888-1926) who married Beatrice Draffern.
3. Leopold Alfred Tschudi Broadwood (1890-1980) who married Ethel O'Coffery (1903-1980).
4. Janet Muriel Wood (nee Broadwood, 1895-1989) who married Edward Wood (1892-1963).
Ada Randolph Broadwood (nee Heath): An Overview
We know about Ada from the following sources:
1. Entry in the book "Records of the Heath
Family Vol 1" by George Heath, 1913.
2. Entry in the book "Records of the Heath Family Vol 2" by George Heath, 1920.
The entry in Records of the Heath Family Vol 1, page 94, reads as follows:
Ada Randolph, second daughter, was born at Oure Cottage, Southampton Water, July 29th, 1860. Resided from 1866 to 1870 at Blackheath, then went to Moorhurst, and to Anstie Grange in 1871. Was for nine months at school at Southsea. Married Aug. 26th, 1886, Henry John Tschudi Broadwood, second son of Henry Fowler Broadwood, of Lyne, Capel, Surrey, and partner in the firm of John Broadwood, & Sons. They then lived for three years in London, and afterwards at Capel, and at 52,St.George's Square, London, till Aug., 1893, when they moved to Bone Hill, St.Albans, Herts, where she is still residing, her husband having died there Feb. 8th , 1911.
For historical information on Broadwood pianos visit http://www.uk-piano.org/broadwood/history.html
Ada Randolph Broadwood with
three of her children (Marion, Stewart, Leopold)
Ada and her sister Marion
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
(Home) (Portrait of Ada Broadwood) (Photograph of family)