Of Duffield Hall, Derbyshire.
9 August 1704, baptized 20 August 1704 and died November 1778.
Son of: Henry Coape and Elizabeth Coape (nee Crompton, 1671?-1757) who later married Samuel Hacker.
Brother of :
1. Abraham Coape (1705-????).
2. Samuel Coape (1706-1718).
Half brother of:
2. Hannah Hacker (1713-1752?).
Henry Coape: An Overview
My knowledge of Henry comes from:
1. Information supplied to me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
2. A 1747 Almanack owned by Hannah Stamford (nee Crompton, 1720-1788).
3. Bourke's 1886 which records the Caldwell family and an inheritance from Henry Coape.
4. His bookplate.
5. The website www.duffieldderbyshire.co.uk which has a note about Duffield Hall.
6. A notebook of dates written by his mother Elizabeth.
I understand that Henry left a legacey in his will to his cousin's daughter Elizabeth Caldwell (nee Stamford, 1754-1831).
If anybody would like to type up a biography for me I would be very pleased to hear from you.
Henry Coape's signature
There was a Henry Coape who was Sheriff of Derbyshire in 1703. This was presumably Henry's father.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on email@example.com