Margaret Colins (nee
Born: at Tickton in Yorkshire 1876
and died 1951.
Daughter of: Arthur Helsham-Jones (1841-1919) and Alice Harriette Elizabeth Tooke (1846-1929).
1. Dorothy Mashiter (nee Helsham-Jones, 1875-1959) who married Edward Mashiter.
2. Helen Helsham-Jones (1877-1919). Born at Tickton, Yorkshire.
3. Alice Angelet Maquire (nee Helsham-Jones, 1886-1953) who married Edward John Maguire (1866-1959).
Margaret married: in 1902, Ronald Collins (1867-1942).
Margaret and Ronald had issue:
1. Richard Arthur (Dick) Collins (1903-1972) who married Mabel Patricia Austin (19??-1993). No children.
2. Mary Frances Margaret Seely (nee Collins, 1907-1985) who married Victor Basil Seely.
3. Alice Eleanor Grace Collins (1906-1907).
4. Christopher William Edward Collins (1909-1994) who married Jenny Rosdew Drake.
5. Elizabeth Rosamond Collins, known as Ros (1912-1987).
Margaret Collins (nee Helsham-Jones): An Overview
Margaret Helsham-Jones, born Tickton, Yorks and subsequently lived at Pinner Hill with her family when her mother inherited the house from her brother. She was educated at home. She was a good horsewoman, and when she married WR Collins in 1902 they spent their honeymoon riding in Yorkshire. They lived first in Hatch End, where most of their children were born. Then they moved to Ormonde Gate and later lived at 31, Lennox Gardens until the 1940s when they moved out to Northamptonshire to escape the bombing. After her husband died she moved back to a flat in London. She suffered a stroke, after which she and her younger daughter Rosamond moved to Oare near Pewsey in Wiltshire where she died.
The above note written by her grand daughter Rosemary.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on email@example.com