6 September 1786, christened 10 October 1786 at Friars Gate
Presbyterian, Derby. Died around 1844.
Son of: John Crompton (1753-1834) and Elizabeth Bell (1765?-1807).
Brother of :
1. John Bell Crompton (1785-1860) who married Jane Sacheverell Sitwell (17??-1852).
2. Elizabeth Hall (nee Crompton, 1789-1836) who married Thomas Kirkpatrick Hall.
3. Sarah Maria Hope (nee Crompton, 17??-18??) who married Charles Robert Hope.
Gilbert married: 21 January 1817 in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, Deborah Catherine Bosley (17??-1879).
Gilbert and Deborah had issue:
1. Deborah Sarah Bromehead (nee Crompton, 1818-1897) who married Rev Alexander Crawford Bromehead (????-1875).
2. John Gilbert Crompton (1819-1913) who married; 1st Millicent Ursula Smedley, 2nd Caroline Georgiana Chaplin (????-1914).
3. Mary Anne Crompton (1821-????).
4. George Crompton (1823-1897) who married Catherine Mee.
5. Eliza Georgiana Crompton (1827-????).
6. Sarah Crompton (1828-????).
7. Elizabeth Crompton (1831-????).
8. Charles William Crompton (1832-????).
Gilbert Crompton: An Overview
My knowledge of Gilbert Crompton comes from information supplied to
me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources
including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
I am told that according to S.D.Chapman in his book "Stanton and Staveley-A Business History" George Crompton (brother of J.G.Crompton) died in 1897 at the age of 74.
If anybody would like to type up a biography for me I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org