Born: 20 August 1871 in
England and died with all his family in the sinking of the SS Lusitania 7
Son of: Henry Crompton (1836-1904) and Lucy Henrietta Romilly (1872-1923).
1. David Crompton (1873-19??). Barrister-at-Law.
2. Rosamund Crompton (1883-????).
Paul married: 27 October 1900 in Chelsea, London, Gladys Mary S Schwabe (1878?-1915). She was born in England.
Paul and Gladys had issue:
1. Stephen Hugh Crompton (1901?-1915). Born in Vladivostok, Russia. Immigrated to America in 1904.
2. Alberta Crompton (1903?-1915). Born in New York or South America. Immigrated to America in 1904
3. Catherine Mary Crompton (1904?-1915) or Katherine. Born in London. Immigrated to America in 1904
4. Paul Romilly Crompton (1905?-1915). Known as Romilly. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
5. John David Crompton (1909?-1915). Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
6. Peter Romilly Crompton (1914?-1915). Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Paul Crompton: An Overview
We know about Paul Crompton from the
1. Information supplied to me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
2. Information from Hildur Panula-Heinonen.
3. Information on the SS Lusitania website http://www.rmslusitania.info/people/saloon/paul-crompton
If anybody would like to type up a biography for me I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org