Born: Not known but died 1771 and
is buried at St Mary's Parish Church, Watton, Norfolk. Possibly
in the 5? year of his age.
Son of: Lieut John Harvey RN (1700ish to mid 1700ish), (or Robert Harvey of Beachamwell?).
1. Not known
Edward married: Mary Longe (1718?-1790) daughter of John Longe Esq
Edward and Mary had issue:
1. Mary Harvey (1741/2-? died an infant).
2. Ellen Harvey (1743-? died an infant).
3. Elizabeth Harvey (1745-1800).
4. Edward Harvey (1746-1747).
5. Constance Harvey (1748-? died an infant).
6. Robert Harvey Esq (1750-1820) who married Charlotte Purdy (1755?-1849) daughter of Charles Prudy Esq.
7. John Harvey (1752-1828) who possibly married Elizabeth Thurrold, 11 Oct 1777 at Watton.
8. Henrietta Harvey (1757-? died an infant)..
Edward Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Edward Harvey comes from the following sources:
1. 1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based
on the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
3. Registers from St Mary's Parish Church, Watton.
4. His Will in the Norfolk Record Office (ANW, will register, 1774-1775, (1774) fo. 12, no.10). I have not seen this yet.
Edward settled in Watton and made a lot of money possibly as a wool merchant. He is believed to have built Harvey House which is located in Harvey Road in Watton.
If anyone can add more information about Edward I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org