Born: 5 May 1755, Norwich and was
Christened 11 May, St Michael Coslany, Norwich. He died 9
Son of: Robert Harvey (1730-1816) and Judith Onley (1730-1810).
1. Robert Harvey (1753-1820) who married Anne Ives (1761-1801).
2. Judith Lydia Harvey (1754-1787).
3. Charles Harvey (Savill Onley, 1756-1843) who married 1st, Sarah Haynes (1760-1805), 2nd Charlotte Haynes (1765-1847).
4. Elizabeth Harvey (1758-1759).
5. William Harvey (1761-18??).
6. Samuel Harvey (1762-1827).
7. Sarah Morrison nee Harvey (1767-1828) who married Archibald Morrison (1765-1842).
John married: Frances Kerrison (1765-1809) daughter of Sir Roger Kerrison (1740-1808) and Mary Ann Kerrision nee Davis (1738-1825) of Brooke, Norfolk.
John and Frances had issue:
1. Fanny Bellman nee Harvey (1784-1867) who married Rev Edmund Bellman (1773-1843).
2. Sir Robert John Harvey (1785-1860) who married Charlotte Mary Harvey (1793- 1869).
3. Marianne Day nee Harvey (1786-1812) who married the Rev Charles Day (1780-1856).
4. John Harvey (1787-1806).
5. Julia Harvey (1788-1808).
6. Emma Harvey (1790-1880).
7. Caroline Harvey (1792-1792).
8. George Harvey (1793-1831) who married Mary Ann Julia Beevor.
9. Louisa Harvey (1795-1810).
10. Caroline Mary Savill Onley nee Harvey (1797-1845) who married Onley Savill Onley (1795-1890).
11. Roger Kerrison Harvey (1802-1882) who married Eliza Beecroft.
12. Harriot Blakiston nee Harvey (1803-1886) who married Capt Thomas Blakiston RN (Thomas Blakeston, 1790-1861).
13. Rosa Ranking nee Harvey (1805-1865) who married John Ranking RN (1798-18??).
14. Augusta Trelawney nee Harvey (Augusta Lady Goring,1807-1875) who married 1st Sir Harry Dent Goring, 2nd John Trelawney (1793-18??).
15. Charlotte Blake-Humphrey nee Harvey (1809-1894) who married Robert Blake-Humphrey (1795-1886).
John Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about John comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The Norwich Churches website www.norwichchurches.co.uk
3. Another portrait is recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 170. Also page 351, Thorpe Hall.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about the above I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me email@example.com