Lieut John Harvey RN
Born: persumably around 1700 and
died in the mid 1700s.
Son of: Robert Harvey (16??-1720) who married Mary Nurse daughter of William Nurse of Hilburgh.
1. Possibly: Robert Harvey (1700-1756) of Stoke Ferry?
2. Possibly: William Harvey (1695?-1786) Rector, of Fincham, Norfolk.
John married: Not known.
John had issue:
1. Edward Harvey Esq (????-1771) of Watton who married Mary Longe (1718?-1790) daughter of John Longe Esq.
Lieut John Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about John Harvey comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. Information from various websites on the internet including the website for the Norfolk Museums, Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery.
3. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
If anyone can give me more information about John Harvey please I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org