Henry Thurstan Holland 1st Vis, Lord Knutsford
Born: 3 August 1825 in Knutsford,
Cheshire and died 29 January 1914, Eaton Square, Westminster,
London He was buried 2 February 1914 at Witley in Surrey.
Son of: Sir Henry Holland (1788-1873) and Margaret Emma Holland (nee Caldwell, 1792-1830).
1. Rev Francis James Holland (1828-1907) who married Mary Sibylla Lyall (1836-1891).
2. Emily Mary Buxton (nee Holland, 1824-1908) who married Charles Buxton (1823-1871).
3. Elinor Anne Holland, born 6 August 1826, baptised 25 September 1827 at Brook Street Chapel, Knutsford, died August 1829.
Half brother of:
1. Caroline Holland 1835?-1909.
2. Gertrude Holland.
1st, 18 August 1852, Elizabeth Margaret Hibbert (1834-1855). Elizabeth was baptised at St Mary, Watford 10 May 1834.
2nd, 25 November 1858, Margaret Jean Trevelyan (1835-1906). Margaret was born 14 October 1835 in Calcutta and baptised 4 December 1835 at St James in Calcutta.
Henry and his first wife Elizabeth had issue:
1. Edith Emily Cropper nee Holland (18??-1923) who married Charles James Cropper (1852-1924).
2. Sydney George Holland 2nd Vis (1855-1931) who married Mary Ashburnham (18??-1947).
3. Arthur Henry Holland 3rd Vis (1855-1935) who married Ellen Lawson (18??-1949).
Henry and his second wife Margaret had issue:
4. Henry Maculey Holland (1859-1878).
5. Cecil Trevelyan Holland (1862-1941) who married Alice Walker (18??-1946).
6. Lionel Raliegh Holland (1865-1936).
7. Margaret Alice Smith nee Holland (18??-1937) who married Reginald Abel Smith (1857-1902)
Henry Thurstan Holland: An Overview
Henry was born 3 August 1825. He completed a BA at Trinity College, Cambridge, and then trained as a barrister, became MP for Midhurst, and held a number of key positions in government. In 1852 he married Elizabeth Margaret Hibbert, daughter of Nathaniel and Emily Hibbert, of Munden House, Hertfordshire. Henry sometimes appears to have been referred to as Harry.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org