Born: 2 December 1823 and died 13 October 1879.
Son of: Joseph Lodge Palmer (1798-1885) and Sarah Wilson (1807?-18??).
1. Hannah Maria Palmer (1822-????) who married Theophilus Sparling (1821-1848) and later Phillip Sparling (1831-????).
2. John Wilson Palmer (1825-????).
3. Caroline Elizabeth Palmer (1826-1905) who married Augustus Sparling (1819-????).
4. Joseph Lodge Palmer (1828-1889) who married Laura Ann Stephen (18??-1909). They had a daughter Lena Palmer (????-1922).
5. Richard Francis Palmer (1829-????).
6. William Henry Palmer (1831-????).
7. Robert Frederick Palmer (1833-????).
8. Mary Anne Patterson nee Palmer (1835-????) who married William Henry Patterson, editor of an Irish newspaper in America.
9. Sarah Anne Palmer (1837-????).
10. Francis Kent Palmer (1839-????).
11. George Henry Palmer (1840-????).
12. Elizabeth Palmer (1842-????) who married Joseph Parker (1829-1905)..
13. Charles Montgomery Palmer (1844-????).
14. Palmer (1846-????).
15. Ann Marie Palmer (1846-????).
16. Reuben Hastings Palmer (1848-????) or could be Reuben Elliott Palmer (1848-????) who married Louisa E. Browne.
17. Angelina Palmer (1850-????).
18. Sheridan Palmer (1852-????).
19. Montgomery Palmer (1855-????) who married Mary Smith (1856-19??).
20. Plus two other children, names not known.
Thomas married: in 1849 Charlotte Ellis .
Thomas and Charlotte had issue:
1. Abraham Palmer (never married and died in Australia 19??).
2. Joseph Mansergh Palmer (1850-1924) who married Georgina Berlinda Palmer (nee Hartford, 18??-19??).
3. Rev Montgomery Palmer M.A.
4. Frederick Thomas Palmer (1858-1890) who married Edith Caroline Bull.
5. Catherine Sparling nee Palmer (1853-1898) who married George Christopher Sparling.
6. Plus 4 other children, names not known?
Thomas Montgomery Palmer: An Overview
The above information was I understand taken from a book 'Palmer Paths' written by Hallie Palmer Becksted and printed for her family around 1988. I have not yet seen a copy of this book.
I understand that Thomas was a draper. He died in 1879 after a boil went septic. His son Joseph attempted to save him but was not successful.
Thomas's sister Mary Ann Palmer was born 3/1/1835 and emigrated to Brooklyn, NY possibly around 1865. She married 12/8/1870 William Henry Patterson who was an editor of an Irish newspaper. There daughter Katherine G. Patterson married Joseph Banks Reford Jr.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org