Sir George Shee
Born: 4 June 1784 and died at his
residence in Grosvenor-place on the 29th of month?, 1870.
Son of: Sir George Shee Esq (1754-1825) and Elizabeth Maria Shee (nee Crisp, 1764-1838)
1. Lieut Gen Charles Shee (1789-1856).
2. Henry Shee (1796-????).
3. Elizabeth Dering (nee Shee, 17??-1861) who married Col Robt Dering of Locksley, Herts.
4. Letitia Crisp
1. 5 February, 1808, Jane, eldest daughter of William Young, Esq., of Hexton House, Herts.
2. 1841, Sarah, daughter of Henry Barrett, of Denton,
George did not have any issue:
Sir George Shee: An Overview
We know of George from the following sources:
1. "History of the Ancient Family of Marsh" by Joseph J. Green, Archivist and Genealogist, 1903, revised to date by Wm. Ernest Marsh, of Marston, Bromley, Kent, 1912.
2. An excellent book about her mother 'The Ordeal of Elizabeth Marsh' by Prof Linda Colley, 2007.
3. Family letters from the Betty Harrison archive.
Sir George was educated at St. John's College, Cambridge. From 1830 to 1834 he held the office of Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, and in the latter year was appointed Minister Plenipotentiary at the Court of Berlin, whence he was transferred, in 1835, to Stutgardt, and remained there until September, 1844. He succeeded to the Baronetcy on the death of his father, in 1825, and served as High Sherriff of the county of Galway in 1828. The Shees were an old Celtic family, long seated in the county of Kilkenny.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact me on email@example.com