Frederic John Cuthbert
Born: 1801, died 4 July 1850 aged 48 at Eaux Donnes, Pyrenees. Buried at St Martin's Epsom.
Son of: James Ramsey Cuthbert (1776-1821) and Sophia Cuthbert (1777?-1857).
1. Richard Brand Cuthbert (born 18 Dec 1798 and died 13 March 1806).
2. James William Cuthbert (born 8 December 1805 and died 6 May 1874).
3. Sophia Rous nee Cuthbert (died 19 Jun 1877) who married Capt (later Adm) the Hon Henry John Rous RN MP (1795-1877).
Frederic married: not known?
Frederic John Cuthbert: An Overview
We know of the existance of Frederic John Cuthbert from:
1. His memorial in the church of "St Martin of Tours with St Stephens on the Downs", located in Epsom, Surrey.
2. His entry in the Epsom Parish Register of Burials.
3. His bookplate.
His memorial inside the church of 'St Martin of Tours
with St Stephens on the Downs', also has a memorial to his father and his
These memorials read as follows:
Sacred to the memory of James Ramsey Cuthbert Esq of Grosvenor Square, London and of Ednam in the county of Roxburghshire, and of Hanworth Park in the county of Middlesex, eldest surviving son of Arthur Cuthbert Esq of Woodcote. He died March 29th 1821, aged 45 years. Also of Sophia wife of the above; who died at Pau. February 26th 1857, aged 80 years.
Sacred to the memory of Frederic John Cuthbert Esq eldest son of James Ramsay Cuthbert Esq and Sophia his wife. He died July 4th 1850 aged 48 years.
In Memoriam James William Cuthbert , born December 8th 1805, died May 6th 1874.
A family note records:
James Ramsey Cuthbert of Gosvenor Square, London; Ednam, Co Roxburgh; Hanworth House, Middlesex; Stone House St Peters Margate, Kent. Born 1776. Admitted to Lincoln's Inn, 25 Jan 1796. MP for Appleby 1807-12. Died at Paris of an apoplexy, 29 March 1821. Buried at St Martins, Epsom.
Frederick John Cuthbert born 1801. Matriculated at Brasenose College, Oxford 10 Oct 1820 aged 19, admitted Lincoln's Inn 3 Feb 1821. Died 4 July 1850 at Eaux Donnes, Pyrenees. Buried at St Martin's Epsom.