Louisa Cuthbert Armfelt (nee Brooke)
Born: 1801 in Saint Mary, St Marylebone Road, London. Died 1865 Helsinki, Finland.
Daughter of: Sarah Klinkowström nee Cuthbert (1772 or 1776 - 1838) and her first husband Thomas Brooke Esq (died 1809).
Half Sister of:
1. Arthur Wilhelm Klinckowström (1807-1860).
Count Kustaa Maunu Armfelt.
Louisa and Kustaa had issue:
1. Count Kustaa Vilhelm Artturi Armfelt (1821-1880).
2. Komtesse Mathilde Hedvig Sara Armfelt (1822-1862).
3. Countess Adelaide Augusta Vilhelmina Armfelt (1825-1871).
4. Countess Olga Lovisa Axelina Armfelt (1828-1865).
Louisa Cuthbert Armfelt (nee Brooke): An Overview
We know about Sarah from the following sources:
1. ELGENSTIERNA, vol IV, ref: Klinckowström (I have not seen this).
Louisa married Count Kustaa Maunu Armfelt, 2.Count of Halikko, Heir of Joensuu; himself eldest surviving son of Countess Hedvig Ulrika De La Gardie, and her husband, Count Kustaa Mauri ('Gustave Maurice') Armfelt, 5.Baron Armfelt, 1.Count of Halikko, Lord of Joensuu manor, the favorite of king Gustav III, Grand Duke of Finland; and later favored by Emperor Alexander I, Grand Duke of Finland.
One of their daughters married a Norwegian diplomat, others remained in Finland.
If you have any information to add to the above please contact me on