Harriot Blakiston nee Harvey
Born: 16 August 1803 and was
Christened 15 September 1803 at Thorpe next Norwich. She died
17 September 1886 aged 83.
Daughter of: John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
1. Fanny Bellman nee Harvey (1784-1867) who married Rev Edmund Bellman (1773-1843).
2. Sir Robert John Harvey (1785-1860) who married Charlotte Mary Harvey (1793- 1869).
3. Marianne Day nee Harvey (1786-1812) who married the Rev Charles Day (1780-1856).
4. John Harvey (1787-1806).
5. Julia Harvey (1788-1808).
6. Emma Harvey (1790-1880).
7. Caroline Harvey (1792-1792).
8. George Harvey (1793-1831) who married Mary Ann Julia Beevor.
9. Louisa Harvey (1795-1810).
10. Caroline Mary Savill Onley nee Harvey (1797-1845) who married Onley Savill Onley (1795-1890).
11. Roger Kerrison Harvey (1802-1882) who married Eliza Beecroft.
12. Rosa Ranking nee Harvey (1805-1865) who married John Ranking RN (1798-18??).
13. Augusta Trelawney nee Harvey (Augusta Lady Goring,1807-1875) who married 1st Sir Harry Dent Goring, 2nd John Trelawney (1793-18??)..
14. Charlotte Blake-Humphrey nee Harvey (1809-1894) who married Robert Blake-Humphrey (1795-1886).
Harriot married: Capt Thomas Blakiston RN (Thomas Blakeston, 1790-1861) in 1827. Son of Sir Matthew Blakiston 2nd baronet Blakiston of London.
Harriot and Thomas had issue:
1. Julia Harvey Blakiston (1828-18??).
2. Theresa Blakiston (1831-????).
3. Bertha Harriot Blakiston (1835-1921).
Harriet Blakiston nee Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Harriot comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col. Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo. A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee, Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. A note from Andrew Davis.
My interest is entirely tangential to yours in that i'm writing a biography of Thomas Wright Blakiston (1832-1891) (TWB). However, i note that you have a page on Harriot Harvey on whom i have a little bit of background that might interest you. TWB was named for both his grandfather Thomas Wright and for his uncle Thomas Blakiston. Thomas Blakiston married your Harriot Harvey in 1827. The autobiography of his brother, Peyton Blaksiton (held in PRONI) goes on to say "She soon acquired a complete command over her husband, and kept him from associating with the other members of his family. They spent much time tracing out the genealogy of the Blakistons in which however they were not very successful. In 1832 or 3 they settled at Thorpe Old Hall near Norwich. He soon became a director both of the Fire & Life Norwich Union and secretary to the Savings Bank ...". Thomas Blakiston was a naval hero and made a successful and daring escape from France during the Napoleonic War. His war diaries exist. He was the son of Sir Matthew Blakiston 2nd baronet Blakiston of London. However Thomas Blakiston did not succeed to the baronetcy and it is therefore incorrect to refer to him as 'Bart'.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about the above I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me