Born: 27 July 1722 at Chorley, christened 1 August 1722. His funeral was 4 June 1780 at Chorley Chappel.
Son of: John Crompton (1690-1750) and Hannah Mather (1701-1723).
1. Hannah Stamford (nee Crompton, 1720-1788) who married Thomas Stamford (1712-1787).
2. Abraham Crompton (1720-1799?).
3. Joseph Crompton (1723?-?) who possibly died young as he is not listed in his father's will.
Half brother of:
4. Margret Crompton (1732-?).
5. Samuel Crompton (1734-?).
6. Mary Crompton (1737-?).
7. Rebecca Crompton (1739-?). Who lived with a Mr Cope according to Ann Marsh Caldwell's diary.
8. Deborah Crompton (?-?).
9. Edward Crompton (1743-?) who married Ann Bury.
John married: 13 July 1756, in St Nicholas, Liverpool, Catherine Wharton.
John and Catherine had issue:
1. Abraham Crompton (1757?-18???) who married Alice Hayhurst.
2. Mary Crompton (nee Crompton, 1759?-1833) who married Peter Crompton (1760?-1833).
3. John Crompton (1761?-????).
4. Catherine Crompton (1762?-1826).
We can't be too sure of the names above. One item that does give us some extra detail is a book which had a number of subscribers from the Crompton family and their circle as below:
Book Title: A Series of Discourses on the Principles and Evidences of Natural Religion and the Christian Revelation. And on some proper practical subjects. (vol. 2. Discourses on Various Subjects of Natural Religion and the Christian Revelation.).
Author: Samuel BOURN, Third of the Name.
Publication Details: London : R. Griffiths, 1760. No copies for sale on abe.
There is a large list of subscribers and included in the list are:
Abraham Crompton junior of Chorley,
Charles Crompton junior of Chorley,
John Crompton of Halesworth,
John Crompton of Bolton,
Samuel Crompton of Derby,
John Crompton of Derby,
Joshua Crompton of Derby,
John Aikin of Warrington,
Ellis Bent of Warrington,
Thomas Bentley merchant of Liverpool,
Rev Harvey of Fincham,
John Seddon of Warrington,
Thomas Stamford of Derby,
John Taylor of Warrington.
There was also an Abraham Crompton who owned a copy of the 1773 book about Capt Cook's Voyages. The details of this book are:
An Account of the Voyages undertaken by the order of his Present Majesty for Making Discoveries in the Southern Hemisphere, and, successively performed by Commodore Byron, Captain Wallis, Captain Carteret, and Captain Cook, In the Dolphin, the Swallow, and the Endeavour: Drawn up from the Journals which were kept by the several Commanders, and from the Papers of Joseph Bankes, Esq. COOK, James - HAWKESWORTH, John. London: Printed for A. Strahan, and T. Cadell, 1773, 1773. 3 volumes, quarto
If anyone out on the internet can can supply me with more information, I would be very pleased to hear from you.