Joshua Crompton of Esholt Hall, York
Son of: Samuel Crompton (1714-1782) and Elizabeth Fox (1718?-1789).
1. Elizabeth Crompton (1745-????).
2. Ann Crompton (1747-????).
3. Samuel Crompton (1750-1810) who married Sarah Fox (17??-1842).
4. John Crompton (1753-1834) who married Elizabeth Bell (1765?-1807).
5. Gilbert Crompton (1755-????) who married Elizabeth Johnson.
6. Elizabeth Crompton (1758-????).
Joshua married Anna Maria Stansfield (17??-1819) daughter of William Rookes and Anne Stansfield.
Joshua had three daughters. What were their names?
We know about Joshua from his memorial in the Priory Church of the Holy Trinity, York.
The family memorial in the Priory Church of the Holy Trinity, reads as follows:
Sacred to the memory of Joshua Crompton Esz of Esholt Hall in this County [York] and Micklegate in this city. Third son of Samuel Crompton Esq of Derby. He died at Esholt Hall the 13th of February 1832 aged 77. Also to the memory of Anna Maria his wife (daughter and coheiress of Anne Stansfield of Esholt Hall who married William Rookes Esq). She died at York the 5th of June 1819 aged 57. They are both interred in the family vault at Guiseley and this table is placed here by their daughters as a tribute of affection to beloved and deeply lamented parents.
Joshua's mother Elizabeth Crompton
If you have any more information please do contact me.