Dissenting Church Minister, Doncaster
1650?, christened 16 February 1650 at Brailsford, Derbyshire.
Son of: John Crompton (1611-1669) and Mary?.
Brother of :
1. Rebecca Crompton christened 23 January 1647.
2. Abraham Crompton (1649?-1724) who married Elizabeth Bourne (1653-1690)
3. Mary Brentnall nee Crompton (christened 8 May 1653) who married Samuel Brentnall (1650-????).
4. Elizabeth Crompton who was chistened 14 January 1654.
5. Joshua Crompton.
Samuel Crompton married:
1st. about 1689 in Doncaster, Mary Cranmer.
2nd. 24 September 1695 in Campsall, Yorkshire, Elizabeth Wharam (1674?-1726).
Samuel and Mary had issue:
1. Mary Moult (nee Crompton, 1690-1760) who married 1st John Darling and 2nd William Moult (16??-1727).
Samuel and Elizabeth had issue:
2. Hannah Woodhouse (nee Crompton, 1696?-1744) who married Hubbert Woodhouse.
3. Ann Moody (nee Crompton, 1699-1733) who married Robert Moody.
4. John Crompton (1702-17??) who married 1st Elizabeth Woodhouse (1711-1738) and 2nd Dorothy Wyndlow.
Samuel Crompton: An Overview
The above information was supplied to me by Sheila Howells who had researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
If anyone out there on the internet can supply me with a biography, please do.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact