Banker of Derby
28 June 1679, baptized 6 July and died 18 April 1757 and buried in
All Saints Church, Derby
Son of: Abraham Crompton (1649?-1724) and Elizabeth Bourne (1653-1690).
Brother of :
1. Elizabeth Hacker (nee Crompton, 1678-1757) who married 1st Henry Coape 2nd Samuel Hacker.
2. Mary Crompton (1680-1728) who married Henry Seal and then John Heslop.
3. John Crompton (1682-1750) who married Hannah Mather and then Margaret Rigby (1731?-?).
4. Abraham Crompton (1690-1766).
1. Ann Rodes.
2. Martha Rich.
Samuel and Ann had issue:
1. Abraham Crompton (1711-1714).
2. John Crompton (1713-1788) who married Antonina Woodhouse.
3. Joshua Crompton (171?-1770) who married Elizabeth Colthurst (17??-1778).
4. Samuel Crompton (1714-1782) who married Elizabeth Fox (1718?-1789).
5. Rebecca Crompton (1721?-1788).
6. Mary Lawrence (nee Compton, 1723?-1749) who married Edward Lawrence.
Samuel and Martha had issue:
7. Elkanna Crompton (1728?-1756?).
Samuel Crompton: An Overview
My knowledge of Samuel Crompton comes from:
1. Information supplied to me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
2. A 1747 Almanack owned by Hannah Stamford (nee Crompton, 1720-1788).
3. A notebook of dates written by his sister Elizabeth.
If anybody would like to type up a biography for me I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact