Lt Commander Thomas
Edmund Harrison RN.
16 April 1879 and was killed on active duty in the First World War,
22 September 1914.
Son of: Commander Matthew James Harrison RN and Lucy Wedgwood (1846-1919).
1. Geoffrey Richard Harrison (1876-1882).
2 Ann Dorothea Gooch (nee Harrison, 1877-1950), known as Nancy, who married Maj John Sherlock Gooch (1865-1929) known as Jack.
3. Lucy Ursula Houghton (nee Harrison, 1884-1931), who married Arthur Case Houghton (1866-1936).
4. Lt. Commander George Basil Harrison (1882-1915).
Thomas married: Maud Winifred Harrison (nee Godman. 1881-1962) 26 June 1907.
Thomas and Maud had issue:
1. Sir Geoffrey Wedgwood Harrison (1908-1990) who married Amy Katherine Clive (1913-2007).
2. Isabel Mary Harrison (1911-2002) who married William James Matthews (1910-1989). There were no children.
3. Sophie Maud Axford nee Harrison (1914-1991) who married Robin Axford (died 1997).
Commander Matthew James Harrison: An Overview
A note from John Callcut states:
Thomas Harrison was killed when his ship HMS Aboukir was torpedoed along with two other elderly cruisers, the Hogue and Cressy, off the Dutch coast in September 1914. He lived with his wife, Maud at Liphook in Hampshire and his name is commemorated on the huge Chatham Naval Memorial and for some reason also on the memorials at Waterlooville in Hampshire and nearby Cowfold. (but not Newdigate).
Matthew is listed on the World War I memorial at Coldharbour, Surrey, together with his brother George Basil Harrison.
Can anyone write a biography for me please?
If you have any information to add to what is
listed please contact me on