Jeremiah Ives Harvey
Born: 1746 and died 6 January
1819, in Catton and was buried in St Clement, Norwich.
Son of: Thomas Harvey (1711-1772) who married Lydia Ives (1718-1805).
1. Son Harvey (1743-????).
2. Thomas Harvey (1748-1819) who married Ann Twis (1753-18??).
Jeremiah married: Mary Lucas (1746-1822), 16 May 1774 in Old Church, St Pancras, London.
Thomas and Mary had issue:
1. Mary Maltby nee Harvey (17??-18??) who married Rev Edward Maltby (1770-1859).
2. Harriette Ives Harvey (1777-1847).
3. Rachel Sopia Harvey (1778-1780).
4. Lydia Margaretta Harvey (178?-178?).
5. Henry Harvey (1781-1862) who married Frances Elizabeth Dalton (17??-18??).
6. Rachel Eloisa Smyth nee Harvey (1783-18??) who married Rev Charles Bohun Smyth BA (1793-1872).
7. Capt George Frederick Harvey (1785-1847) who married Lady Honora Elizabeth Hester Lambert (1784-1856).
Jeremiah Ives Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Jeremiah comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
Jeremiah was a merchant. He was made a freeman of Norwich in 1766, Sherriff for Norwich in 1779 and Mayor 1783-1784.
If anyone can add more information about Jeremiah I would be very pleased to hear from you.