Colonel John Edmund Julius
Born: in Rome, Italy, 1827 Died 17 Dec 1869.
Son of: Roger Kerrison Harvey (1802-1860) of Thorpe Norfolk and Bath and Elizabeth Beecroft (1805-1881) daughter of Sir Edmund Knowles Lacon Bart, M.P.
1. Adelaide Eliza nee Harvey (1829-1???)
2. Laura Anna (1830-1???).
3. Emma Harvey (1838-after 1861) Emma married Capt William Norman Leslie (!???- 1876) in 1861 They had 5 children. she married 2nd Arthur Raby in 1881. They had 5 children.
4. Charles Lacon Harvey(1839-1922). Charles married 1st Annie Louisa Kelly (1850-1876) and 2nd Mary Darley (1852-1923) in 1877. They had 6 children.
5. Henry Beecroft Harvey (1840-1912)
Married: Octavia Lettice Stephens (1831-1911) daughter of the Reverend Richard Stephens (1785-1871) on 25 Dec 1858.
John and Octavia had issue:
1. Theresa Emily M Harvey (1859- after 1891)
2. John Robert Harvey ( 1861-1921) who married 1st: in 1888 Nora Adams (18??-1889) she died after giving birth to twins in Mhow in Central India. One was John Robert Harvey who died soon after birth and the other one was Norah Eleanor Harvey who died in 1971. 2nd he married: Florence Parsons ( 1862- 1???) They had 2 children.
3. Ada Lacon Harvey born in Newcastle 1862 and married for the 1st time aged 53 to Claud Alexander Vincent, Clerk in Holy Orders.
4. Charles Stephen Harvey born Aldershot Camp, England in 1865, alive after 1914).
5. Edmond Lacon Harvey born 1865 in Dublin Ireland.
6. Mary Davinia Harvey (born in Jersey around 1867 and alive after 1911). 6. Octavia Maud ( born 1872 in St Helen, Jersey and alive after 1891)
7. Geraldine Louise Harvey (born in St Helier around 1874 and alive after 1891). Later spent her life at Eton.
Colonel John Edmund Julius Harvey: An Overview
We know about . . . from the following sources:
Hope to add something here soon.
If you have any information to add to what is
listed please contact me on