Peter Harvey of Norwich
Christened September 1710. Died 1751 age 42.
Son of: John Harvey (1666-1742) and his second wife Mary.
Half brother of:
1. William Harvey (1694-????).
2. Robert Harvey (1697-1773) who married Lydia Harvey nee Black (1699-1759)
3. Anne Harvey (1699-????).
4. Elizabeth Kirkpatrick (nee Harvey, 1700?-1765) who married Thomas Kirkpatrick.
5. John Harvey (1699-1750).
6. William Harvey (1704-????).
7. Mary Smyth (nee Harvey, 1705-????) who married John Smythe.
8. Thomas Harvey (1711-1772) who married Lydia Ives (1718-1805).
9. Samuel Harvey (1712-????) who married Mary (1711-1739).
1st, Elizabeth Blyford (1719-1741), 11 January 1738, at St. Paul's (or St Helen) Norwich. Daughter of Robert Blyford and Tamar Blyford.
2nd, Sarah Dewing in 1743.
Peter and Elizabeth had issue:
1. Not known.
Peter and Sarah had issue:
1. Peter Harvey (1744-????)
2. Elizabeth Harvey (1746-????)
Peter Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Peter Harvey comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. His portrait and his wife's portrait , both by Heins, and both mentioned in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Hanging at Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 171.
3. Another portrait, is also mentioned in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Norwich, Holmwood, Thorpe, the property of Col J R Harvey, later moved to Windover, Burlesdon, Hants. Page 105. He is mentioned as being a worsted-weaver.
If anyone can add more information about Peter Harvey I would be very pleased to hear from you. What did he do for a job and where did he live?