Born: 1730 and died 29 January
1816. He is buried in St Clements, Norwich.
Son of: Robert Harvey (1697-1773) who married Lydia Harvey nee Black (1699-1759).
1. John Harvey (1726-????).
2. Lydia Harvey (1727-1737).
3. Mary Harvey (1734-1735).
Robert married: Judith Onley (1730-1810) daughter of Capt Onley RN.
Robert and Judith had issue:
1. Robert Harvey (1753-1820) who married Anne Ives (1761-1801).
2. Judith Lydia Peat nee Harvey (1754-1787) who married Lt Col Peat
3. John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
4. Charles Harvey (Savill Onley, 1756-1843) who married 1st, Sarah Haynes (1760-1805), 2nd Charlotte Haynes (1765-1847).
5. Elizabeth Harvey (1758-1759).
6. William Harvey (1761-18??).
7. Samuel Harvey (1762-1827).
8. Sarah Morrison nee Harvey (1767-1828) who married Archibald Morrison (1765-1842).
Robert Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Robert comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
3. His portrait A and portrait B.
4. His portraits are recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 170.
5. The Norwich Churches website www.norwichchurches.co.uk
Robert was Mayor of Norwich in 1776 and 1800. Founder of the Norwich Bank.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about Robert I would be very pleased to hear from you.