Of Catton and Stoke Holy Cross, Norfolk
Born: 8 February 1753 and died 13
January1820 in Norwich aged 67. Buried in Norwich.
Son of: Robert Harvey (1730-1816) and Judith Onley (1730-1810).
1. Judith Lydia Harvey (1754-1787).
2. John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
3. Charles Harvey (Savill Onley, 1756-1843) who married 1st, Sarah Haynes (1760-1805), 2nd Charlotte Haynes (1765-1847).).
4. Elizabeth Harvey (1758-1759).
5. William Harvey (1761-18??).
6. Samuel Harvey (1762-1827).
7. Sarah Morrison nee Harvey (1767-1828) who married Archibald Morrison (1765-1842).
Robert married: Anne Ives (1761-1801), 30 August 1871, daughter of Jeremiah Ives and Elizabeth Ives nee Little.
Robert and Anne did not have children.
Robert Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Robert comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The Norwich Churches website www.norwichchurches.co.uk
3. His portrait recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 172.
Robert was Sherriff of Norwich in 1784 and Mayor in 1787.
He was very wealthy and when he died he left his money spread out
among numerous relatives.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about Robert I would be very pleased to hear from you.