Born: 20 January 1828 and baptised
31 January. Died 27 January 1907.
Son of: Sir Henry Holland (1788-1873) and Margaret Emma Holland (nee Caldwell, 1792-1830).
1. Henry Thurstan Holland, Lord Knutsford (1825-1914) who married 1st Elizabeth Margaret Hibbert (1834-1855), 2nd Margaret Jean Trevelyan (1835-1906).
2. Emily Mary Buxton (nee Holland, 1824-1908) who married Charles Buxton (1823-1871).
3. Elinor Anne Holland, born 6 August 1826, baptised 25 September 1827 at Brook Street Chapel, Knutsford, died August 1829.
Half brother of:
1. Caroline who was born about 1835 at St George's, Hanover Square, London. Died 1909.
2. Gertrude who was born about 1841 at St George's, Hanover Square, London.
Francis married: 23 Oct 1855 Mary Sibylla Lyall (1836-1891), known as " Sybie". Daughter of Rev Alfred Lyall (1796-1865) and Mary Drummond Broadwood (1809-1878).
Francis and Mary had issue:
1. Bernard Henry Holland (1856-1926) who married Florence Helen Duckworth (18??-1933).
2. Mary Agnes Holland b. 1859, Canterbury, Kent, m. 1889, William Henry Bolton, occupation Clergyman, d. 4 Aug 1902. Mary died 18 Sep 1928.
3. Alfred Dunstan Holland b. 1860, d. 24 Aug 1869.
4. Lucy V Holland b. 1862, Paddington, Middlesex, d. 1886.
5. Francis Caldwell Holland (1865-1948) who married Maud Constant Walpole (1870-1947).
6. Michael James Holland (1870-1956) who married Marion Ada Flora Broadwood (1887-1969).
Rev Francis Holland: An Overview
Francis completed an MA at Cambridge and then became a Church Minister, chaplain to Queen Victoria and Canon of Canterbury Cathedral.
In 1855 he married Mary Sibylla Lyall, daughter of Rev Alfred Lyall, of Harbledown.
Francis founded a girls' school in Paddington, London, which still exists as "The Francis Holland School".
Francis is mentioned in the book 'The Passing of Barchestr' by Clive Dewey, London, The Hambledon Press (1991).
Francis James Holland