Born: April 1823 and died 8 March 1876 at South Yeo, North Devon.
Son of: George Augustus Eliott Marsh MA (1790-1867) who married Julia Murdock (1792?-1854).
1. John Murdoch Wilmot Marsh (1819-1848) of Jesus College Cambridge.
2. George Morrison Marsh (1824?-1895) who married Harriot Watson (1828?-1904. George was of the 23rd Royal Welsh Fusiliers.
3. Charles Smith Marsh (1823?-1845) buried on the Island of Madeira.
Married: 20 October 1864 Susan Agnes Scott, daughter of Gen Sir Hopton Stratford Scott and Lady Scott.
Augustus and Susan had issue:
1. Julia Augusta Feist (nee Marsh), who married Frederick Herman Feist.
2. Capt Hopton Elliott Marsh RA, who married, 30 Dec 1896, in St George's Cathedral, Kingston, Ontario, Ethel Lucretia Jean Taylor, daughter of Lieut Duncan Norton Taylor and Harriett Liddle Taylor (nee Hoyles).
1. In the Church at Bangor-on-Dee Parish there are a number of memorials to various Marsh family members.
2. Entries copied from the Bible of Rev George Augustus Eliott Marsh.
3. We know about Augustus from the "History of the Ancient Family of Marsh" by Joseph J. Green, Archivist and Genealogist, 1903, revised to date by Wm. Ernest Marsh, of Marston, Bromley, Kent, 1912. Page 248.
This reads as follows:
Augustus Leacock Marsh, late Major 55th Regiment. Born at Brompton, April 1823. Married at Lucan 20th October 1864 Susan Agnes Scott, daughter of the late General Sir Hopton Stratford Scott KCB and Lady Scott, of Woodville, Lucan, County, Dublin. Maj AL Marsh died 8th March, 1876, at South Yeo, North Devon, having had issue 4 sons and 2 daughters of whom the elder Julia Augusta Marsh married at Wiesbaden, Germany, 25th January 1894 Frederick Herman Feist.