Born: 2 December 1848 at sea on the 'Walmer Castle' Southern Ocean. He died 26 June1932 and is interred at C of E Cemetry, Waverley, Sydney
Only child of: John Milbourne Augustus Marsh (1820-1891) and Grace Elizabeth Pinnock.
George married: Amy Gertrude North (1852?-1915) in 1876 at St. John's, Darlinghurst, Sydney.
They had issue:
1. George Marsh (1877-19??) married Annie Scott (22.4.1921).
2. Grace Frances Marsh (1879-1960) never married.
3. Helen Muller (1880-1963).
4. Mabelle Marie (1882-1897). Died of Rheumatic Fever 30.8.1897 at age 15 years 5 months and interred at C.of E Cem. Waverley, Sydney 1.9.1897.
5. Edward Dudley (1885-19??) married Edith Cochrane.
6. Campbell Grant Marsh (1888-1951). Died 31.8.1951 at 83. married Olive Byrne, parents of Betty Harrison (nee Marsh).
7. Roger Wilmot Milbourne Marsh (18??-19??) who married Mary Stella Holliday. They had four children, Shirley, Kathleen, David and Judith.
8. Marion Marsh (18??-????).
9. Nina Marsh (18??-????).
George's son Edward Dudley fort at Gallipoli and was one of the last few men to evacuate. He wrote in his diary that they had set up their guns to fire at regular intervals so they would trick the Turks into thinking they were still there. He wrote on the boat after they had successfully left Gallipoli how wonderful it was that they had managed to evacuate in the darkness without one life being lost.