Robert Marsh 15??-1600, the elder of Marton, East Langdon, Kent
Born: ? and was buried at East Langdon 7th April 1600.
Son of: John Marsh and Johan Marsh of Marton in East Langdon.
1. William Marsh.
2. Stephen Marsh.
3. John Marsh (15??-1595) of St Mary's, Dover.
4. Richard Marsh.
5. Kirchen Poore (or Christian Poore, nee Marsh) who married Henry Poore in 1595.
6. Alys Browne (nee Marsh) who married Robert Browne.
7. David Marsh (15??-1594) who married 1st Nicholyn and 2nd Philippa.
Robert married firstly: Elizabeth Marsh.
Robert and Elizabeth had issue:
1. Thomasyn (1565-15??).
2. Alice (1566-15??) died an infant.
3. Alice Morgan (1568-????) who married Robert Morgan.
Robert married secondly: Christian Marsh (nee Kemp?).
Robert and Christian had issue:
1. Johann (1576-1579).
2. Stephen (1579-1586?).
3. Francis Marsh (Frauncys Marshe, 1581-1650?) of East Langdon?
4. Jane Hodge or Hodgman (nee Marsh, 1583-16??) who married George Hodge or Hodgman.
We know of Robert from the following sources:
1. "History of the Ancient Family of Marsh" by Joseph J. Green, Archivist and Genealogist, 1903, revised to date by Wm. Ernest Marsh, of Marston, Bromley, Kent, 1912. Page 183.
The dates above do not seem to tie up correctly?
If you have any information to add to what is listed please do contact me.